Did your local Walmart increase their newspaper prices?
It seems that mine did.
Hubby went to get Early weekend editions on Saturday and they were priced at $2.00. So we waited until Sunday and it was $2.50.
One Walmart said that the store is increasing the price because of its value and worth.
The other store didn't know why and so we told them that we usually get our papers there because it's $1. They wouldn't budge, so we price matched the papers to the Dollar Store. And "yes," they honored their price match guarantee.
However, the CSM said that we would have to bring an ad the next time to price match. I asked her if a receipt from the Dollar Store is acceptable and she said, "Yes."
I don't understand why they would increase the price to the papers when obviously people are buying it there for the affordability.. Walmart will lose Sunday customers that way who buy the papers.
I hope they change this back to the way it was... Otherwise, I'm going to have to make a run to the Dollar Stores for now.
I do have a subscription to my local newspaper but sometimes I don't get them delivered. I'll have to make a call to them for a better deal.
Buying coupons from a supplier would mean I would have to wait a day or two to receive the coupons. And that's no fun, but it's definitely something to consider.
Whole-couponsinserts.com is a resourceful place to go to for a package deal if you're going to be buying more than one. Otherwise, asking family and friends is even better for us savvy shoppers!
- Mid-Week Shop: Sales that pop up in the middle of the week
- Lounge: Share or comment what special deals you got this week
- Grocery Shop: Food FOOD Food and yummy stuff at 50% to FREE
- Shop With Me: It’s exactly what it is… Happy Shopping! =)
- Coupon Catalog: Weekly Info on Upcoming Coupons for this week’s sales
- Diaper deals: Savings for mom & dad for baby only!
- Previous Articles: Basic Training for Beginning Couponers, Coupon Policies, Where to Find Coupons, and More