If you're a new graduate and/or attending college for the first time, you may be eligible for free tuition, plus more, for your first year of college.
Here are the criteria to be eligible:
- Recent high school graduate enrolling in college for the first time
- Enroll in, and complete, at least 12 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application
- Complete the Steps to Success process
- Complete the Promise Application online or print and bring in the PDF.
- Be a California resident or AB540 eligible
- Participate in Promise activities
Other assistance are available for second year students.
Fulfilling the Promise Grant
Second-year tuition assistance of at least $1,100 for selected students. Funds are limited. This grant begins in Fall 2019.
Student Success Completion Grant
Up to $4,000 annually in financial assistance for income-eligible students receiving Cal Grant B and enrolled in 12 - 15 units. Funds may be used for books, supplies and/or housing.
Support Services for Your Success
Southwestern College offers a variety of services, including child care, the Jag Kitchen food pantry, learning communities such as First-Year Experience (FYE), Umoja, Bayan and Puente and the Power Study Program which embeds tutors in certain classes. You can find out more information at the SWC Cares webpage.